Updating a database

bairdb

I am trying to create a form that will update a database. I took the code off of the Update tutorial here and just changed everything to work with my database but I can't get the update to write to the database, I either get the error that is in there or the page just refreshes and nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.Form

<html><body><%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"conn.Open(Server.MapPath("DB/QORSeperated.mdb"))set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")rs.open "SELECT * FROM QOR2",conn%><h2>List Database</h2><table border="1" width="100%"><tr><%for each x in rs.Fields  response.write("<th>" & (x.name) & "</th>")next%></tr><% do until rs.EOF %><tr><form method="post" action="update.asp"><%for each x in rs.Fields  if (x.name)="ID" then%>    <td>    <input type="submit" name="id" value="<%=x.value%>">    </td>  <%else%>    <td><%Response.Write(x.value)%></td>  <%end ifnext%></form><%rs.MoveNext%></tr><%loopconn.close%></table></body></html>

Update Page

<html><body><h2>Update Record</h2><%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"conn.Open(Server.MapPath("DB/QORSeperated.mdb"))id=Request.Form("ID")if Request.form("Type")<>"" then  set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")  rs.open "SELECT * FROM QOR2 WHERE ID='" & id & "' ORDER BY ID",conn  %>  <form method="post">  <table>  <%for each x in rs.Fields%>  <tr>  <td><%=x.name%></td>  <td><input name="<%=x.name%>" value="<%=x.value%>"></td>  <%next%>  </tr>  </table>  <br /><br />  <input type="submit" value="Update record">  </form><%else  sql="UPDATE QOR2 SET "  sql=sql & "Type='" & Request.Form("Type") & "',"  sql=sql & "TotalCLFRDIV='" & Request.Form("TotalCLFRDIV") & "',"  sql=sql & "FR='" & Request.Form("FR") & "',"  sql=sql & "COMMLINES='" & Request.Form("COMMLINES") & "',"  sql=sql & "TimeSlice='" & Request.Form("TimeSlice") & "',"  sql=sql & "Quarter='" & Request.Form("Quarter") & "',"  sql=sql & " WHERE ID='" & id & "'"    on error resume next  conn.Execute sql  if err<>0 then    response.write("No update permissions!")  else     response.write("Record " & id & " was updated!")end ifend ifconn.close%></body></html>

I also tried running this without the on error portion of the code and I get this error.

Error Type:Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E14)Syntax error in UPDATE statement.update.asp, line 37

try using get instead of post. :)

<form method="get" action="update.asp">

the "post"method requires "taking" the value with "request.querystring" not "request.form"....I think :) ...it's a gues...