Checking entries

user4fun

Problems1- When $entry is higher that $min_entry it still give me the bid_error page.2- $t1, $t2, and $t3 accepts letters, I need it to accept number 0 to 9 only.Thank you

<?$name = $_REQUEST['name'];$t1 = $_REQUEST['t1'];$t2 = $_REQUEST['t2'];$t3 = $_REQUEST['t3'];$entry = $_REQUEST['bid'];$min_entry = "5000";if ($name == ""){  header("Location: name_error.php");  exit();}if (strlen($t1) != 3 || intval($t1) != $t1){  header("Location: ac_error.php");  exit();}if (strlen($t2) != 3 || intval($t2) != $t2 || strlen($t3) != 4 || intval($t3) != $t3){  header("Location: number_error.php");  exit();}if ($entry < $min_entry || !preg_match('^\d+$', $entry)) {  header("Location: bid_error.php");  exit();}else{  echo "good";}?>

1- When $entry is higher that $min_entry it still give me the bid_error page.
You're comparing them as strings, you should compare them as numbers. Use intval or floatval to convert the value from the form, and remove the quotes around the min entry.You can use this function to test if a variable is a numeric string:http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.is-numeric.php

Archived