how to assign values by using loop

xbl1

Every index of the array is another array; so if you, for example, wanna put some values on $fruits['d']:

for ($i=0;$i<[number];$i++)	$fruits['d'][$i]=[value];

You do the same with the other indexes

or maybe you want something like this:

<?php$fruits = Array();for ($i = 'a'; $i <= 'f'; $i++){	$fruits[$i] = "value";}print_r($fruits); ?>

and the result would be

Array ( [a] => value [b] => value [c] => value [d] => value [e] => value [f] => value)

replace the "value" with your variable where you store fruits

<?php$fruits = Array();for ($i = 'a'; $i <= 'f'; $i++){	$fruits[$i] = "value";}print_r($fruits); ?>

and the result would be

Array ( [a] => value [b] => value [c] => value [d] => value [e] => value [f] => value)

replace the "value" with your variable where you store fruits

Thanks guys, that's what i want to known.

You know, when you use an if, else, for, while.. etc; if there's only one line to execute, you don't need those { } (I forgot their name in English).You could just write
<?php$fruits = Array();for ($i = 'a'; $i <= 'f'; $i++)	$fruits[$i] = "value";print_r($fruits); ?>

By the way, this may be relevant, if you want to add an element to the end of an array you can just do

$array[] = "value";

This is the same as

$array[count($array)] = "value";

Speaking of arrays, someone helped me code an error system using an array, and at the end, when it prints the errors, there's this line.foreach($errors AS $e) echo $eWhy does it need to change the variable for the error array before it prints the contents?
It assigns the current array element to a temporary variable, in this case $e.

foreach($errors AS $e)echo $eWhy does it need to change the variable for the error array before it prints the contents?
It doesn't *need* to, that's just a shortcut way of doing this:
for ($i = 0; $i < count($errors); i++)  echo $errors[$i];

Archived