table doesn't exist

mc_keny

hey yall i coded a pop up/alertwhen i try inserting the info i get the message the table 'mckeny_wap.mc_alert' doesn't exist mckeny_wap is the db name i go to the db and look carefully and the table mc_alert does exist no incorrect spelling $sql = mysql_query("INSERT INTO mc_alert (towho,date,text,bywho) VALUES('$towho','$tsent','$alert','$nid')");if($sql){echo "alert sent successfully.. ";}else{echo "db error".mysql_error();}

If the table was there, it would find it. Make sure that the MySQL user has access to the table (if not, it would probably be a different error message). But if you're telling it to connect to a certain database server, select a database, and if that table exists there it's not going to give you a message that it doesn't exist.

Sometimes when you insert different data type it gives you that message eg insert string to your date table , not quite sure about this but this happens when you select and you take condition like number=string

no justsomeguy got 17 tables and all worked well....only mc_alert table doesn't want to recieve data i check it and its there cause i manually add some thing from the data base and it inserted i think TENG84 IS correct

Archived