does a page support more than one form?

voodoochicken

i have placed two forms in the same page, something like echo "<form action=\"action1.php\" method=\"post\">"; echo "text1: <input type=\"text\" name=\"val1\" />"; echo "text2: <input type=\"text\" name=\"val2\" />"; echo "<input type=\"submit\" />";(make aside the echos)and another like echo "<form action=\"action2.php\" method=\"post\">"; echo "<input type=\"submit\" />";since those are two separate forms, and each has its own submit, i would expect that if i click the button on the first form it will go to action1, and if i click on button of second form it will go to action2 page, but both buttons go to page1, any pointers?

<form action="action1.php" method="post">	text1: <input type="text" name="val1" />	text2: <input type="text" name="val2" />	<input type="submit" /></form><form action="action2.php" method="post">	text1: <input type="text" name="val1_form2" />	text2: <input type="text" name="val2_form2" />	<input type="submit" /></form>

Note the change in Actions and also the change of the name values on each form.

but both buttons go to page1, any pointers?
You might have forgotten the closing </form> tag.

You can have more then one form on one page, but you can't have one form inside another form. The first form needs to end before the second form starts. If you want some more info about processing forms with PHP check the PHP tips topic inside the PHP forum.

Archived