High paying jobs

zeeshan

Hi friends iam interested in computers and i want to do some good and professional job at computers .Can u people tell me which is the highest paying job in the computer fields and what i need to learn for the particular field .What will be the use if i learn Server-side scripting?

The highest paying jobs are hardware ones. That is, hardware manufacturing ones. If you can make video cards, CPUs, etc. you'll win most. Writing software for the hardware however requires knowledge in Assembly, which is the hardest programming language for anyone to learn, but has the closest relation with the hardware. If you can make ANYTHING useful in assembly (like a driver, BIOS, etc.), consider yourself a successful programmer.Second comes desktop software making. This includes programs (like the browser you use to read this post), OS-es (like the one you're using your browser at) and games. In games' context, this requires knowledge in a vast amount of languages, or skills, depending on which aspect of the game you'll be working on. For most programming aspects though, you'll likely need to know C++, and maybe additional engine specific things (that is, they will be different for each game). In OS making, this means you need C++, and even Assembly, considering the fact that an OS must handle various amounts of hardware. In desktop programming, this means you need C(#/++), JAVA, VB(.NET), or any other programming language that is not qualified for web development.All of the above are applicable mostly when working with big companies. With small ones or individually, then come ISP/host, web design/development and IT management, in this order in terms of monery received.Web development can become quite like desktop programming, especially when you're required to do something more complex like using a hardware in a web application. For web design, you need only HTML, CSS, and maybe JavaScript as languages. That, plus skills to use a programs like Photoshop, Flash to draw pretty looking graphics and animations. And I don't mean to just know the program. I mean have a talent in drawing with it. For web development, you need that (without the Photoshop and/or Flash part), plus JavaScript and a server side scripting knowledge in as much languages as you can. I personally know only PHP, but that's actually enough for most clients where I live. Other, non server side scripting languages, that have to do with web development can also be useful and should be learned wherever you feel you may need them. This includes (but is not limited to) SQL, XML, RSS, XPath, XSLT, XML Schema, SVG.Being an ISP (i.e. network administrator) doesn't require knowledge in any programming languages. However, it requires invesments in the hardware involved. Being a web developer is certainly a plus. Actually, being an ISP is more of a plus for a web developer... errr... you know what, the two are really close related. If you're good at one, you already have the potential of being great at the other. The special skill that being an ISP requires is knowledge of how networks work. How can a connection/packet be redirected, tracked, encrypted, filtered, etc. Once you know that, it's only a matter of learning how to do a certain feature in a certain type of a hardware device, and with a good documentation, this can be a really easy thing to do (speaking of which, if you choose that path, I reccomend MikroTik - their manual is like a book on networking as a whole).Being a web host requires knowledge in both what web developers want (making web developers better web hosts), as well as knowledge on how to handle security and OS issues - skills typical more for an IT manager. Having a knowledge in how networks work is also a must. Having said all that, that's why ISPs are often good hosts too. As you can see, there's much overlap here, and ISPs have the hardware resources needed to make good web hosting environments.If you can't do anything else, you can be in IT. This doesn't require knowledge in any programming languages, and doesn't even require an understanding of how networks work. It only requires knowledge of how OS-es work, plus a few miscellanious skills like how to (dis)assemble a PC and its parts, how to install drivers, how to look up information on the internet, and other stuff that you can easily learn by just reading and searching for answers yourself, rather than asking around.If you can't do anything else, but like to work with computers, you'll end up in IT, like I have.

i like the following this which u said

The highest paying jobs are hardware ones. That is, hardware manufacturing ones. If you can make video cards, CPUs, etc. you'll win most. Writing software for the hardware however requires knowledge in Assembly, which is the hardest programming language for anyone to learn, but has the closest relation with the hardware. If you can make ANYTHING useful in assembly (like a driver, BIOS, etc.), consider yourself a successful programmer.Second comes desktop software making. This includes programs (like the browser you use to read this post), OS-es (like the one you're using your browser at) and games. In games' context, this requires knowledge in a vast amount of languages, or skills, depending on which aspect of the game you'll be working on. For most programming aspects though, you'll likely need to know C++, and maybe additional engine specific things (that is, they will be different for each game). In OS making, this means you need C++, and even Assembly, considering the fact that an OS must handle various amounts of hardware. In desktop programming, this means you need C(#/++), JAVA, VB(.NET), or any other programming language that is not qualified for web development.

can i know how much do u earn a month in IT

Assembly, which is the hardest programming language for anyone to learn
What about binary? :)

Desktop software design / game design - though you will need to know other languages in conjunction with that.

What about binary? :)
No once can do that for today's PCs. If they started doing it, this means handling vast amount of hardware specific issues while writing the program. Assembly can be pretty darn close to a binary anyways though.
using phython what can i do
Desktop software design / game design - though you will need to know other languages in conjunction with that.
In addition to what Synook said, you can also do server side scripting I think. However, Python in not specialized for web development as, say, PHP.
can i know how much do u earn a month in IT
It's not exactly a constant, because I'm the boss' son. I mean, there are times at which I don't go to work because I'm doing web dev work at home (without being the boss' son, I'd be fired for that). In addition, there are days with no customers (or with customers which would pay us tomorrow when they get their reparied PC) and in those days, I don't get paid for an obvious reason. Also, we maintain a small network around our shop (we're sort of an ISP, but with a really small coverage), and everytime I do something revolutionary to the network (like discovering how to display a message to people that haven't payed their fee), I get a bonus (20 or 50 BGN, depending on what the boss has in his wallet at the time). And there are always issues and things to improve on a network.I get 10 BGN/day, and we work from monday to saturday, so if I go every workday and there's a nomal flow of customers, I'd earn about 270 BGN/month. That's about $202/Month which may not be much where you live, but it's an average payment where I live, considering the minimal salary allowed is 220 BGN, and the average salary in the country is about 350 BGN.Note: While I work with my father, I don't live with him, so it's not like his money are our family's money.

What about binary?
Binary isn't a language, it's just a representation of data. Assembly instructions might be stored in binary format, but the language itself isn't "binary", it's machine code. There aren't binary instructions for shift left, store to a register, decrement, etc, those instructions are either in machine code or assembly. Machine code is often specific to a CPU family, so if you're writing in machine code or assembly then you're only writing for one specific platform. Compilers make it possible to write code in a language like C where you can compile it for several different processor types, such as x86 or RISC.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_code

Archived