code is not working its invisible

zeeshan

hi this is an register.php when i uploaded it and when i opended the link thats not working i mean its invisible.

<?phprequire_once 'db.php';$page_mode = isset($_POST['page_mode']) ? $_POST['page_mode'] : '';$error_string = '';if ($page_mode == 'register'){  $email = trim($_POST['email']);   $name = trim($_POST['name']);   $password = $_POST['password'];  $conf_password = $_POST['conf_password'];  if (!isValidEmail($email))	$error_string .= 'Please enter a valid email address.<br>';  if ($username == '')	$error_string .= 'Please enter your username.<br>';  if (strlen(trim($password)) < 6)	$error_string .= 'You must enter a password of at least 6 characters.<br>';  if ($password != $conf_password)	$error_string .= 'The password and confirmation password do not match.<br>';  if ($error_string == '')  {	$result = db_query("SELECT id FROM info WHERE email='" . mysql_real_escape_string($email) . "'");	if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)	  $error_string .= 'That email address is already registerd.<br>';	else	{	  $email = mysql_real_escape_string($email); 	  $name = mysql_real_escape_string($name);	  $password = sha1($password);	  	  db_query("INSERT INTO info (email, username, password) VALUES ('{$email}', '{$username}', '{$password}')");	  header('Location: thankyou.php');	  exit();	}  }}function isValidEmail($email = ''){	return preg_match("/^[\d\w\/+!=#|$?%{^&}*`'~-][\d\w\/\.+!=#|$?%{^&}*`'~-]*@[A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9.-]{1,61}[A-Z0-9]\.[A-Z]{2,6}$/ix",$email);}?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html>  <head>	<title>Register</title>	<style type="text/css">	.error_text {	  color: #FF0000;	  width: 400px;	  text-align: center;	}	.left_box {	  float: left;	  width: 150px;	  text-align: right;	  padding-right: 5px;	}	.right_box {	  clear: right;	}	</style>  </head>  <body>	<div class="error_text"><?php echo $error_string; ?></div>	<form action="register.php" method="post">	<input type="hidden" name="page_mode" value="register">	<div class="left_box">Email address</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="text" name="email" size="30" maxlength="255" value="<?php if (isset($email)) echo $email; ?>"></div>	<div class="left_box">username</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="text" name="username" size="30" maxlength="255" value="<?php if (isset($name)) echo $username; ?>"></div>	<div class="left_box">password</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="password" name="password" size="30"></div>	<div class="left_box">Confirm Password</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="password" name="conf_password" size="30"></div>	<div class="left_box"> </div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="submit" value="Register" size="30"></div>	</form>  </body></html>

? That doesn't make sense you should have seen at least something. Link?

I think you meant to write on line 12

if ($name == '')	$error_string .= 'Please enter your username.<br>';

You had a field named 'name' and so called your variable $name, but then tried to check $username (which didn't exist).

okthanx if i make $name into $username then will it work.edit:-when i entered my username after editing the script then it did not show the previous error but now its showing this errorWarning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/zxq.net/t/u/t/tutkings/htdocs/db.php:13) in /www/zxq.net/t/u/t/tutkings/htdocs/register.php on line 37

ok

<?php$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'tutkings_zxq_net_z', 'computer');mysql_select_db('tutkings_zxq_net_info', $con);function db_query($sql){  return mysql_query($sql, $GLOBALS['con']);}?>

and the information is being added to the db even after the error

By the way the headers already sent "error" is only a warning, which means code execution will continue anyway, you'll just see the warning on the screen (and that line would not work).

i dont want to show that error message
Well stop the output in db.php
the username is not getting stored
Did you change $name = trim($_POST['name']); to $username = trim($_POST['name']); ?

Do you have a field with name="name" on your form? If the field is named "username" then the line needs to be like

$username = trim($_POST['username']);

Archived