Moving icon thingey...

keturahuriel

[sOLVED]How do I make a small picture or any picture for that matter bounce around the page? I saw it on some random site and I would like to do that with a Gaara sprite(Gaara is a character from a sho I watch...).

Note that this sample doesn't work in IE8. It was specifically designed with the JS quirks that IE7 and earlier have.

Oh. Well, Anyways, all my friends I know online or otherwise won't get IE8 cuz it sucks. But thanks for the tip! I'll modify it so it works. The school computers, well the teacher's computers anyway, have IE8. I'll ask my Web design teacher, Mr.Z if I can modify it on there. And I'll have his help. So, Thank you!

The school computers, well the teacher's computers anyway, have IE8.
Already? Wow they're quick... but don't you guys find it crashes a lot? After all it is still only beta 1.

OK, that was a shocker. Libraries and schools are usually known to be the latest to upgrade their software, not the first.Are you sure they have IE8 Beta 1? I think you might mean they have IE7, and you have IE6.Do you really want to make this page accessible only to your friends? Inferiority complex much? Sites should be usable by as much people as possible, unless the site was designed with a specific purpose in mind. If it was designed for a specific purpose, you wouldn't need this bouncy effect (I mean, what purpose could this fulfil, other than put smily faces on your friends for a second?).I'd disagree that IE8 sucks. It is in fact what web developers around the world have been hoping for ages. I mean, passing ACID2, a ton of DOM improvements... this is going to change the way we make sites. If only people migrate to quickly when the final version is released.

No, I have IE7, and the teacher has IE8. I was there when he installed it. And ever since, the Blue screen of doom randomly pops up. Then we have to reboot all the computers in the room, only cuz they're all linked together somehow so he can watch what we're doing.

No, I have IE7, and the teacher has IE8. I was there when he installed it. And ever since, the Blue screen of doom randomly pops up. Then we have to reboot all the computers in the room, only cuz they're all linked together somehow so he can watch what we're doing.
Wow. Your teacher must be really great. And you should be proud to be his student.I mean it's not every teacher that loves computers enough to actually go ahead and risk installing the very latest beta software on a server PC. Even fewer are actually able to set up AND use monitoring systems with which they can monitor students' actions.

Our school still uses IE 6 :)Though the computers still have that monitoring software :)

Archived