Need alot of help!

LukeV

Hi everyone. I'm making a website, something I can play around with. Now I'm handy with photoshop but when it comes to coding I hit a brick wall. I really want to learn but watching video tutorials isn't helping me much. I need a hands on approach. So I dove right into it.This is how I want my website to look like: linkSorry for the large file size. It's just a single image. It doesn't do anything. Now if you take a look at my first design here you'll see that it sort of works but it doesn't really do much. This isn't enough. (I am aware of the broken links).I need the site to wrap around my content, stretch as necessary. After learning some php I'm hoping I could make that "Site Journal" thing and maybe some other web based applications. I should be able to add php applications if the site is designed whit css right?So basically I really need alot of help here. I have no clue where to start :)

Yes I'm sorry my question was very vague. Well how do I go about turning that design into a valid css design. Something that is more flexible. Specifically, just want the white background to wrap around the content I put in it. Also I want some nice rollover effects for the menu but I don't know how to implement the code. If I could get a link to a tutorial that explains just that that'd be grant. The tutorials for css on w3schools are a bit too overwhelming. There are alot of things that I just don't need to know which really sets me back.Thanks.

I've been to that website before actually. Where does it tell you exactly how to make the rollover? I don't see any instructions :\And hey Synook its me Luke from msn :) (Tutorial sys guy) Whats up? :)

And hey Synook its me Luke from msn tongue.gif (Tutorial sys guy) Whats up?
I noticed :) I'm doing good :) what about you?
Where does it tell you exactly how to make the rollover?
You have to look in the source, the code is shown there. It is:
<style type="text/css"> /* remove the margin and bullets, set the padding for this demo only*/.neon {margin:0 0 50px 0; padding:25px 0 100px 15px; list-style:none; background:#000; width:720px;} /* display the list items inline with a right margin to space the buttons. Use this to pre-load the hover image */.neon li {display:inline; float:left; background:url(neon_on.gif);}/* style the links and place the background image to start from left edge */.neon li a {display:block; height:32px; float:left; background:url(neon_off.gif); text-decoration:none; font-size:10px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; letter-spacing:1px; line-height:36px;}/* style the b element to posiition it to the right by 20 pixels and even out the text with 20 pixel right padding */.neon li a b {margin:0 0 0 40px; display:inline; float:left; height:32px; background:url(neon_off.gif) right top; padding:0 40px 0 0; color:#fff;}/* style the link hover and the link hover b to replace the background image - border:0 needed for IE6 to work */.neon li a:hover, .neon li a:hover b {border:0; background-image:url(neon_on.gif); cursor:pointer; color:#000;}.neon li a.current, .neon li a.current b, .neon li a.current:hover , .neon li a.current:hover b {background-image:url(neon_on.gif); color:#000; cursor:default;}</style>

and

<ul class="neon">	<li><a href="#nogo"><b>HOME</b></a></li>	<li><a href="#nogo"><b>ABOUT US</b></a></li>	<li><a href="#nogo"><b>PRIVACY POLICY</b></a></li>	<li><a class="current" href="#nogo"><b>CONTACT US</b></a></li>	<li><a href="#nogo"><b>LINKS</b></a></li>  </ul>

Wow...Synook I can't thank you enough :) I had to change a few things but the site looks great! Not much left to do now :)Though I can't figure out how I can add text over the footer. I need to add a some buttons and links on the footer but whenever I try to make a div it just ends up under or on top of the footer. Anyone know how I can do this?Check it out guys Here!

Archived