New Website = New Colors, New Standards, Accessibility

imrie

Hello,I am making another website, this website is an educational website that must be easy to read, easy to navigate and look stylish. However, i am not sure where the "boundary" is. I don't know whether to go for all out CSS2 bit of JavaScript and Ajax. Will there be a high percentage of users whose browsers can not handle such technologies. And should i stay to conventional "older" code where everyone will be able to use, because in my books doing this would sacrifice the look and feel of the site.Color choice, i need a 2nd opinion on my color choice for such a website, i was thinking of the following color palletes from http://kuler.adobe.com, the Sandy Stone or the 28X Dusty Petrol.Round Boxes? or Regular Boxes?Think of this as a "customer survey", what would you prefer?, what do you suggest?Many Thanks,PS. Apologies if this is the wrong section, didn't see where else i could post this.

How you choose to code your site will largely depend on your target audience. For instance, w3schools.com could be an educational website but since it aims to help people learn HTML, SQL, etc. it has a broad audience and therefore must accommodate more browser versions. However, a site that educates someone how to build a XPI Add-In for Firefox would really only need to worry about how the pages render in Firefox (for the most part). Likewise, I've developed internal educational tools for companies like Bridgestone/Firestone where they literally told me IE 6.02.1024 - since their IT department has a strict handle on software version installation.What is your situation?

The site would be computing related, so i think it should be viewable by a reasonably up-to-date browsers, although you could say w3schools is computing related, therefore, i should perhaps simplify the site to an older browser compatible website. What do you think of the color choice?Thanks,

One thing I would suggest is somehow making the links at the topLink 1 Link 2, etc...So that the whole link is clickable not just the bottom, below the text...

Archived