Tables colspan and rowspan

alzable

This question may have an easy answer but I can't seem to find it...I have a table that holds the whole structure of my website. I have a menu with 7 items (horizontal). I then have 2 columns - one is thinner on the side of the content. I can't seem to find a way to make those columns not snap to the colspan amounts - the only widths to make one smaller are 3,4 (=7) and 2,5 (=7). I can't seem to set my own width in pixels. This gets annoying because both of those are not what im after, I need some value in between those colspan amounts. Does anyone know how to fix this and allow the width property actually take effect?Thanks,alzable :)

AupWhy are you using a table for your layout anyways?Table are for tabular data not for layout.Thanx John

I worked out I could just place another table and work with that (and that is what I am using currently) but it makes a bigger space due to the cellspacing. It looks ok but I think it would be better to try and fit it all in one table.My site works better in a table and I am experimenting with different designs - my new site address is: http://www.alzproductions.com/2221/index.phpAlso, im having a similar problem with my Affiliates box to the side of the page. I need it independant from the news export so it dosent resize itself according to the first news item.thanks