tsv import

sangeetha

When i import data into database , the number of lines i can insert is only 127. Even if i try to import the auto add reference number is not getting increased. The datas are inserted with the same number as 127 for all the other lines getting inserted I have assigned the auto add reference for the Stud_id values.The fields of the database are Stud_id,Stud_name,Stud_mark.How to rectify this.. This is the code that i have.

$fileloc=$_POST['filename'];$path = $fileloc;$file = basename($path);         // $file is set to "index.php"$databasehost = "localhost";$databasename = "test";$databaseusername ="test";$databasepassword = "";$fieldseparator = "\t";$lineseparator = "\n";$tsvfile = $fileloc;$addauto =1;if(!file_exists($tsvfile)) {	echo "File not found. Make sure you specified the correct path.\n";	exit;}$file = fopen($tsvfile,"r");if(!$file) {	echo "Error opening data file.\n";	exit;}//echo $file;$size = filesize($tsvfile);//echo $size;if(!$size) {	echo "File is empty.\n";	exit;}$tsvcontent = fread($file,$size);fclose($file);$con = mysql_connect("$hostname","$user","$pass") or die("did'nt connect to mysql"); mysql_select_db("test") or die ("no database");$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $exam order by count");$count=0;while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))  {   $count= $row['count'];  }if($count==0)  $count=0;  else  $count=$count; // echo $count."<br>";  @mysql_close($con); $con = mysql_connect("$hostname","$user","$pass") or die("did'nt connect to mysql"); mysql_select_db("test") or die ("no database"); $databasetable = "$file3";$lines = 0;$queries = "";$linearray = array();foreach(split($lineseparator,$tsvcontent) as $line) {	$count = $count + 1;	$lines++;	$line = trim($line," \t");	$line = str_replace("\r","",$line);	      	$line = str_replace("'","\'",$line);	$linearray=array();	$linearray = explode($fieldseparator,$line);		$linemysql = implode("','",$linearray);			if($addauto)		{		$query = "insert into $databasetable VALUES('$count','$linemysql');";		$result1 = mysql_query($query) or die("didn't query for  insert");		echo $query."<br>";		}	else		$query = "insert into $databasetable values('$linemysql');";			$queries .= $query . "\n";	@mysql_query($query);	//echo $query ."<br>\n";}echo " TSV File imported to the database";@mysql_close($con);

The integer field in your database is either an unsigned 7-bit int or a signed 8-bit int, both of which have a max value of 127. Increase the storage size of the field in the table.
Do you want to said that mysql database , is limited ? with 8 bit ,what lines ? In the text or what , in phpcode ??or what ?When I go to PhpMyAdmin I got confuse where is unsigned or where is signed Integer .I sow only tinyint , smallint ,mediumint ,bigint , I hope that is a correct .

Do you want to said that mysql database , is limited ? with 8 bit ,what lines ? In the text or what , in phpcode ??or what ?
I don't know what you're asking, but there is an "UNSIGNED" attribute under the "Attributes" dropdown in phpMyAdmin. If you don't specify that it is unsigned, then it is signed. Since a tinyint is a 1-byte int, then a signed tinyint has a max value of 127. OP is probably using a signed tinyint as his data type.http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/numeric-types.html

Archived