SEO ...what the..

astralaaron

The code below looks to me like it breaks a bunch of validity rules.... can anyone explain how the website these metas are from comes up #1 on google when you type in 'las vegas painter' i thought google bans sites like this??

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1" Vegas Painters="value">		<meta csltdequiv="index" content="paint,interior,exterior,residential,commercialcsltd,stains,specialcoatings,texture,taping,stucco,repairs,powerwash,glaze,epoxies,elastomiric,las ">		<title>VEGAS PAINTERS,interior,exterior,residential,commercial,faux,stains,specialcoatings,texture,taping,stucco,repairs,powerwash,glaze,epoxies,elastomiric,las vegas,nevada,painting,urethanes,wallpaper,demolition,ceilings,waterproofing,caulking&quot;&gt; &lt;meta name=&quot;description&quot; content=&quot;We paint and wallpaper, residential,commercial,interior,exterior,all phases,painting,texture,faux,stucco,demolition and more&quot;&gt;</title> <meta name="keywords" content=faux finish painting,sponge painting wall,interior house painting,faux wall painting,glaze paint,residential painting,faux interior painting,faux painting sponge,best exterior house paint,waterproofing paint,commercial painting company,basement waterproofing paint,residential painting contractor,commercial painting contractor sponge painting wall,vegas painters"&nbsp;</title>		<meta name="keywords" content=faux finish painting,sponge painting wall,interior house painting,faux wall painting,glaze paint,residential painting,faux interior painting,faux painting sponge,best exterior house paint,waterproofing paint,commercial painting company,basement waterproofing paint,residential painting contractor,commercial painting contractor sponge painting wall,vegas painters" 989	 interior house painting 512	 faux wall painting507	 glaze paint371	 residential painting252	 faux interior painting138	 faux painting sponge91	 best exterior house paint 79	 waterproofing paint45	 commercial painting company 37	 basement waterproofing paint37	 residential painting contractor32	 commercial painting contractor,  faux finish painting sponge painting wall989	 interior house painting 512	 faux wall painting507	 glaze paint371	 residential painting252	 faux interior painting138	 faux painting sponge91	 best exterior house paint 79	 waterproofing paint45	 commercial painting company 37	 basement waterproofing paint37	 residential painting contractor32	 commercial painting contractor">

also can anyone explain what the numbers are for? "989  interior house painting 512  faux wall painting" etc...

It all makes absolutely no sense to me. I really recommend not taking example from this page. Firstly, it's not valid HTML.There is no attribute "Vegas", there is no attribute "Painters", there is no attribute "csltdequiv"Some quotes missing on some lines and an attempt of a <meta> tag inside the <title> tag.None of it makes any sense.

They must have used FrontPage :). Seriously though don't use this page as a guide. Why they are #1? Who knows. They probably have a tonnes of backlinks for those keywords because their markup certainly is not getting them any brownie points. Google doesn't care about meta tags anymore except using the description in hte search results. Meta tags have no value when determining result position.It is all about semantic markup and backlinks. Internal linking helps as well.

The ones I know (and I suppose they're big) are Google, MSN and Yahoo.But it's not necessary to submit to them, usually they'll find your site on their own if you have a reciprocate link to an indexed site.

Backlinks.. how do you get backlinks? contacting other website administrators and talking about swapping links ?or posting about your website and writing the address on a message board or craigslist type site.?the way sites talk about them they sound VERY important in SEO.

Backlinks are important for SEO. But here's a very easy example:Every single topic I've written in W3Schools is now a backlink to my website because I have the link in my signature. Google can index my site through there.

Google won't penalize your site by only having external links coming in, as they admit that you don't always have control on where the links are coming from. Google takes more count on reciprocate links: the site that links to you has a link to their site from yours.

Backlinks are important for SEO. But here's a very easy example:Every single topic I've written in W3Schools is now a backlink to my website because I have the link in my signature. Google can index my site through there.
Careful! This board doesn't do it, but some forums will add rel="nofollow" to all user-generated links so they aren't counted on search engines.

Careful! This board doesn't do it, but some forums will add rel="nofollow" to all user-generated links so they aren't counted on search engines.
OH ok i was confused about this for a few minutes... you are saying that alot of forums do nofollow so people cannot get off free links to their sites

Archived