vertical menu

davywylie

I am trying to convert the horizontal menu, to a vertical one, but I am unable to get the sub menus to appear to the side of the main menu, can ne one help<html><head><style>body{font-family:arial;}table{font-size:80%;background:transparent}a{color:333333;text-decoration:none;font:bold}a:hover{color:#606060}td.menu{background:00cc66;}table.menu{font-size:100%;position:absolute;visibility:hidden;}</style><script type="text/javascript">function showmenu(elmnt){document.getElementById(elmnt).style.visibility="visible"}function hidemenu(elmnt){document.getElementById(elmnt).style.visibility="hidden"}</script></head><body><table width="15%"><tr bgcolor="cccccc"><td><a href="customeraccess.php">customer Login</a></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="cccccc"> <td onmouseover="showmenu('tutorials')" onmouseout="hidemenu('tutorials')"> <a href="/default.asp">Tutorials</a><br /> <table class="menu" id="tutorials" width="120"> <tr><td class="menu"><a href="history.php/#C2">HTML</a></td></tr> <tr><td class="menu"><a href="history.php/#C3">XHTML</a></td></tr> </td></tr></table> <tr bgcolor="cccccc"> <td onmouseover="showmenu('Categories')" onmouseout="hidemenu('Categories')"> <a href="customerviewProducts.php">Products</a><br /> <table class="menu" id="Categories" width="100"><?php require_once ('mysql_connect.php'); // Connect to the database.$dbQuery ="SELECT * FROM category" . " ORDER BY CategoryName ASC ";$result=mysql_query($dbQuery, $dbc);while ($dbRow=mysql_fetch_array($result)) {$name=$dbRow["CategoryName"];echo "<tr><td class=menu><A HREF=customerviewProducts.php?passCategory=$name>$name</A></td></tr>";}?> </td></tr></table><tr bgcolor="cccccc"><td><a href="welfare.php">Quality Assurance</a></td></tr><tr bgcolor="cccccc"><td><a href="newoffers.php">New Offers</a></td></tr><tr bgcolor="cccccc"><td><a href="addcustomer.php">Sign Up</a></td></tr></tr></table>

Replace this tutorials table with the one you currently have, i just added style="left:90px" to it and it works ok.<table class="menu" id="tutorials" width="120" style="left:90px"><tr><td class="menu"><a href="history.php/#C2">HTML</a></td></tr><tr><td class="menu"><a href="history.php/#C3">XHTML</a></td></tr></td></tr></table>

Replace this tutorials table with the one you currently have, i just added style="left:90px" to it and it works ok.<table class="menu" id="tutorials" width="120" style="left:90px"><tr><td class="menu"><a href="history.php/#C2">HTML</a></td></tr><tr><td class="menu"><a href="history.php/#C3">XHTML</a></td></tr></td></tr></table>

thanks, but is there ne way of havin it level with the menu option, and not starting on the one below