document.write('What?')

george

I am trying to get the following to work:

myWindow.document.write('<button onclick="saveclass('+true+');">Save</button>

I have a function, saveclass, that wants to know if I am passing "true" or "flase" to it. I am using the wrong approach here. I tried assigning true or false to a variable. But how can I pass a variable or a literal to a function that is written using document.write?

Don't use document.write()Use the innerHTML of an element or access a node with DOM.document.write() is one of the worst ways of writing anything with Javascript. It completely clears the page when used after the page has loaded.

Try this insteadmyWindow.write("<input type='button' onClick='saveclass(true)' value='Save'>");

Actually, if the new window has nothing in it then document.write() will work.Your problem is that you forgot to close the quotes and parenthesis.Another thing: if this window was just created, calling a javascript function that doesn't exist in it won't work. You'll need to call javascript from the other window using window.openerTry this:myWindow.document.write('<button onclick="window.opener.saveclass(true);">Save</button>');And if "true" was supposed to be a variable name, it's a reserved word. You'll have to use another name.

Still did not pass the value. But it did not generate an error either - until it tried to pass a parameter, true or false. I have a close button, which merely closes the window. It works just fine.

myWindow.document.write('<button onclick="window.close();">Cancel</button>');

But here, the on click event is not calling a function which passes parameters. I need to know how I can pass parameters, or a literal, from within the write function. It does not seem to want to.

Archived