Form Data Within Frames

tyneet

I currently have 4 frames with specific form data. I want to collect data from these 4 frames into a 5th frame where the submit button is. This is as far as I got. I can display the frame names, but do not know how to get to the data inside the frames.Any Help?Frames File:------------------------------------------------<frameset rows="150,250"> <frameset cols="200,400,*"> <frame name=L id=L src="Kits.asp"> <frame name=C id=C> <frame name=R id=R> </frameset> <frameset cols="500,*"> <frame name=O id=O> <frame name=S id=S> </frameset></frameset>------------------------------------------------Frame 5 File:------------------------------------------------::<script language=javascript><!-- x = parent.document.frames; document.write(x + " - " + x.length + "<br><br>");for (i=0;i<x.length;i++) { document.write(i + " - " + x.name); document.write("<br />"); }//--></script>::-----------------------------------------------

I do know of a couple of alternatives, but I wanted to try this way. Each frame has it's own html file that does a specific job. I wanted to keep each file simple, instead of one large file.

What Ingolme is trying to say is that frames are old and will soon be obsolete, so it is better to use more current technologies. Right?

What Ingolme is trying to say is that frames are old and will soon be obsolete, so it is better to use more current technologies. Right?
No, what Ingolme is trying to say (and what I agree with) is that the only way to share data accross multiple pages is with a server-side script (eg PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, etc.) - you could also possibly use cookies with javascript, but it's complicated and if your server supports some kind of server-side script, I recommend you use that instead. As far as I know, frames are quite old but won't soon be obsolite. There probably the best of the few techniques for making vertical menus purely in HTML (and the best technique that a lot of people on free hosting can afford), and a lot of sites (including mine) use them a lot.

As far as I know, frames are quite old but won't soon be obsolite.
:) There are no frames in XHTML 1.0 (Strict) or HTML 5. XFrames is the XML-based successor to frames for XHTML.
There probably the best of the few techniques for making vertical menus purely in HTML (and the best technique that a lot of people on free hosting can afford), and a lot of sites (including mine) use them a lot.
What is wrong with CSS? Even the most backward free hosts would not prevent you from using CSS. Try using unordered lists, you can get good effects that way.Edit: Oh I see what you mean. Well, what can I say, get another host! :) Check in the Host and DNS Discussion for some good free ad-free hosts with server-side language support. Personally, I like Freehostia. I'm using Mythichost at the moment but it's not easy to get an account with them.

Archived