Which host did you use?

JC5

I am going to be buying my first domain ever soon and I'm looking around and I've narrowed it down to two choices. Bluehost.com and 1and1.com However I only know these from books and my brother. Anyone have any suggestions on domains that are good? Btw if anyone knows what site hosted w3schools I would like to know that too.

Btw if anyone knows what site hosted w3schools I would like to know that too.
The W3Schools forum is hosted by InvisionZone. I don't know about W3Schools.
I am going to be buying my first domain ever soon and I'm looking around and I've narrowed it down to two choices. Bluehost.com and 1and1.com
Do you already have hosting and just want a domain name, or are you looking for web space too?
Anyone have any suggestions on domains that are good?
Have a look in the Host and DNS Discussion.

Hmm ok I'll leave this thread open to anyone who knows. No I do not have hosting like I said this is my first ever site. My bro on this forum sportsdude.reese has gameyin.com hosted by bluehost.com howeer.

I have a suggestion about who NOT to use...GoDaddy.Anyway, I use HostGator and they have been really good so far. They don't register domains though. I use Dynadot.com for my domains.

I was like to my brother "how do i know which domains are used" he goes to godaddy.com and i was like whoa nice only 10 bucks. hes like DONT USE GODADDY THEY ######. lol (i coulda figured that out especially if they only charge 10 bucks..:))

It's only a registrar, not a host. They have a very limited hosting business but that's obviously not their main thing, it's very overpriced and underpowered.I'll second hostgator as a good host, I use 000domains.com for my registrations but they're a little more expensive there. Good control panel though.

I use GoDaddy for all my hosting, email services, and management. Been a happy customer since 03 or 04. Had an outtage for a few hours overnight once(happened sometime after i left work and was on before I got back) and they gave me a month credit before I even knew about it. Also, their phone support is top notch, longest hold ever was 4 minutes.Great prices for everything. Really cant give them enough praise.

I am thinking of Hostgator.com Mister.net or hostmonster.com Cheapest is mister.net, then hostgator, then hostmonstor. I may go with hostgator but I cant decide.

I use GoDaddy for all my hosting, email services, and management. Been a happy customer since 03 or 04. Had an outtage for a few hours overnight once(happened sometime after i left work and was on before I got back) and they gave me a month credit before I even knew about it. Also, their phone support is top notch, longest hold ever was 4 minutes.Great prices for everything. Really cant give them enough praise.
Really? How would you feel if your domain expired and you were trying to buy it back in the auction and Godaddy employees were bidding against you to make you pay more for it? What if you decided you wanted to leave and found out that Godaddy wouldn't transfer your domain to another registrar? There are a ton of stories at nodaddy.com that may change the way you think about them, they are regarded by a lot of people as one of the worst (if not the worst) registrars.

Really? How would you feel if your domain expired and you were trying to buy it back in the auction and Godaddy employees were bidding against you to make you pay more for it? What if you decided you wanted to leave and found out that Godaddy wouldn't transfer your domain to another registrar? There are a ton of stories at nodaddy.com that may change the way you think about them, they are regarded by a lot of people as one of the worst (if not the worst) registrars.
Agreed, GoDaddy is by far the worst run hosting and registrar company out there. Do a google search for Godaddy horror stories or visit nodaddy.com.They are a nightmare waiting to happen.

Archived