Word to XHTML Converter

vchris

Anyone know of a great script that convert word files to valid xhtml? I don't like programs people create, they're usually slow and I can't put any custom stuff in there. A small script in coldfusion or other server side language could do the job a lot faster and could be customized easily. I'm converting large documents with large tables, images, table of contents, graphics...

Can I do batch jobs with this program? Will it automatically clean the html create by MS word?edit: forgot to mention free!

Can I do batch jobs with this program? Will it automatically clean the html create by MS word?edit: forgot to mention free!
No, it won't allow batch jobs. You have to do it all at once. But it will clean it up and also it is free!

HTML-Kit is a nice little program. It's light which is fast and as powerful as dreamweaver with it's plugins. HTML Tidy cleans up the Word HTML but not as much as I need. I'm creating a plugin to do the rest of the work :)

What is the code required to remove all attributes except for colspan and rowspan? I got this:\swidth="?[0-9]+"?|\sheight="?[0-9]+"?|\salign="?.*"?|\svalign="?.*"?|\sstyle=['|"](.|\s)*['|"]|\snowrap|\sclass="?.*"?|\slang="?.*"?|\sxml:lang="?.*"?The only problem I have with this line is the line returns in the style attribute, \s doesn't seem to work.

Archived