Gimp or photoshop

JC5

Im making a banner for my site and I cant decide to get adobe photoshop or gimp. Which would u prefer?Note: if you could, could you explain the diferences and advantages?

They're both good, Gimp is simple and free so it's good if you're not doing anything too complicated, stuff like web graphics maybe.Photoshop has a lot more functionality, and yes you can also do web graphics but if you're not doing to do 'powerful things' you might as well stick with Gimp. Seeing as you also have to pay for Photoshop.So I guess you're asking because you want to make simple graphics for your website and if that's the case, Gimp + your own good design sense should be enough.

I've been using Photoshop for about 8 years and think it is great, however very expensive. I haven't used GIMP much but it seem sufficient for making basic graphics for websites. Try GIMP first. If it can do what you want then there is no need to shell out $650 (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/).

Just like me really, I haven't used gimp much either because I too have grown attached to Photoshop, Be One With Photoshop.However if you don't choose gimp for function I would imagine price would come into it more for you.

Well as im only using it once i could use photoshop. theres a free trial I could use but im going to take ur advice and use gimp, and am currently googlin tutorials on gimp

Archived