Pop-up in IE7

traxion

Hey all,im heaving a problem with to open a pop-up in IE7, in Firefox or IE6 it just works finethe problem is that IE7 it opens in a new tab and not a pop-up

function popup(URL) {	day = new Date();	id = day.getTime();	eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=750,height=600,left = 290,top = 162');");}

is this a known issue? and how can i solve it?

I would first try looking in IE's settings, particularly the security settings. You probably can't control that behavior from JS... I don't think you would appreciate that from a website any more than your users would.

well, its for an photo-viewer, with the idea that the visitors can view the photos and read the text in 2 windowsalso is the screen to big when a new tab is opened... thats way im askingand to put the problem at the visitors is a bit cheap solution, if you ask me...

It's the only solution you got. Web pages are not allowed to change browser settings. You're trying to change a browser setting. It wouldn't be very nice if a web page could overwrite the preferences that you set on your browser, would it? If someone has their browser configured to open new windows in a tab, then that's what's going to happen. You can like it or love it, but you can't change it.

You could use a frame or iframe and call its print function, but note that both elements are deprecated and will probably be replaced (I think by object) soon.

Archived