frame problem .....

pankaj.ghadge

suppose main html page contain 2 frame left and right. And i want to create a div tag on particular event using javascript and i want to show that div window in the middle of 2 frame. Is it possible or not ............so please tell me...................<html><head><title></title></head><frameset cols="50%, *" id="fs1"><frame src="demoleft.html" name="left" frameborder="1" id=leftId><frame src="demoright.html" name="right" frameborder="1" id=leftId></frameset></html>

I don't think it's possible, but you can try. If you use the document object inside one of the frames you're only working with that frame's document object. If you want to use the document object of the parent frameset I believe you need to use window.parent.document.

Try using iframes instead of frames: basically, you CANNOT put any <body></body> tags in a frameset page without breaking w3c recommendations, so iframes are the easy solution... then you may need to use z-position to place a div above and in the middle of both frames.

Archived