What SQL database manager do you use?

Xalor

I use Navicat for some of the simpler databases, and MySQL query browser for the more complicated ones. I found a bugged Navicat, so I have it for free now. MySQL Query Browser from the actual company is pretty easy to use because its all there for you, nice big buttons and you can write teh file directly there instead of a seperate file typed on notepad.

Why would you need to edit the database manually anyway? Unless your scripts messed it up, of course.

I use SQL Server's Query Analyzer to run queries on the server. The web application doesn't necessarily contain a report for everything I could possibly need, so it's useful to just go run a query on the server to get what I need. I also use the Enterprise Manager to change the structure of the database, adding indexes or things like that. SQL Server also includes a tool to profile the database server and suggest performance improvements, or just to monitor what's going on. Once the next version of our application comes out that supports MySQL I'll probably become a lot more familiar with phpMyAdmin as well.

Archived