Flash Navigation

jcc5018

Hey, I created a Flash navigational bar to go at the top of my various pages on my website. I have it so that when each link is clicked, the title of that page will display in the flash. So because of this, I am having trouble figureing out how to make the general template for my entire site that has this flash header, and also a footer so I dont have to code it on each page like CSS is supposed to do. But CSS doesnt work with including a flash header so I don't know what to do. Frames will not work because then I wouldnt be able to have a direct link to the remainder of the site pages. I kinda think I'm going have to figure out PHP, but I'm not sure which aspect of it I have to learn to accomplish the task I want. I've tried searching for tuturials or templates with no luck. If I just uploaded the new bar to another page the flash just starts back at frame one instead of displaying the proper fram coresponding to the page it's displaying. Here is the link to the site so far to give you an idea of what I am trying to do http://www.personal.psu.edu/jcc5018/start.htm If you have a solution or know of any tuturials/ templates I can use to accomplish this, I'd greatly appreciate it. -- Just an idea, anyone know if I could make a text field in flash that would still keep that same formating I made with Photoshop, but instead of having each fram with the title, the flash code could just read something from the HTML document and display whatever is there?Does that make sense? If not... The HTML page will have an identification name, and then I just import the flash file to every page, and then the flash code would search for the ID name and display it in the title block on the flash movie with the Formatting shown. Anyone have any idea on that one?Web design sure is complicated. Or maybe its just me.

Or maybe its just me.
add my name to that list :)Sorry, I don't do Flash, but I might be able to assist you with the php side of things.Look in the w3schools tutorials about the php include function or http://php.net/include might be a good source to start from.Php may appear to be "scary", but it is just another tool in the Web Designer's kit.

Archived