Session

sweinkauf13

Hey. I really need some help. This is my php code. I'm not sure why it doesn't execute. It will come up as a blank page and won't redirect anywhere. IT DOES NOTHING!!! :) Please help

<?If(($_POST[username] == " ") ||   ($_POST[password] == " ")){header("login.phtml");exit;}else if(($_POST[username] != "sweinkauf13") ||		  ($_POST[password] != "48507")){header("login.phtml");exit;}else if(($_POST[username] == "sweinkauf13") &&   ($_POST[password] == "48507")){//they are valid now//start the session and insert the username and passward data//then send them to the homepagesession_start();$_SESSION['username'] = $_POST[username];$_SESSION['password'] = $_POST[password];header("home.phtml");exit;}?>

If you need anything else let me know. Thanks a ton.youngwebmaster

Debug. Do the following one at a time and run the code after each one. 1. Add a line at the top of the code: echo "hello"; That'll tell you if it's parsing.2. Add another line at the top. var_dump ($_POST); now you'll know what's coming in. It might not be what you think.3. Add a plain else (not an else if) at the bottom of the code. echo "bad data";You can pull all these out later on.4. Think about this: $_POST[username] == " " I assume you're looking for a null string, but this has a space character in it. Take it out? The password test has one also.

In addition to what Dad said, you're using the header function wrong. You don't just send a filename to the header function. The header function sends an HTTP header, and there's no HTTP header that's just a filename. You have to say what header it is. If you want to redirect, it's a location header.header("Location: login.phtml");

thanks you justsomeguy. The header() function was my problem. And thank you dd for replying on this topic with those debug steps. I will definitly use those when i have another problem. angain thanks to all,youngwebmaster

Archived