cheating in HTML?

trigun96

no - you have to learn some how. you will rarely be able to view the source of a web site or find some example code that will not need some modificiations.

Yea i dont think there is a such thing as cheating i would call it productivity yes you should learn html like the back of your hand and yes you should just copy codes to be more productive adn skem is right u will rarely find a code that dosent need a mod and to do that u will have to understand the code.

I've looked at soruce code a couple of times just to get an idea of how someone did something.I may copy the code then modify it to do different things.I'm pretty sure I never used "direct from copy" codes before, but I have copied and modified :)That's how people learn, and I know of at least one website that says on the first page "I learned all I know from viewing the source code of other sites".But I don't think the web arthur knew how to modify because their site had sloppy code :) (why does JavaScript still not work for me on this forum, but works everywhere else?)

ok i hope this answers alot of your future questions most things such as that will only require u change the location of what ever you want your video to be from all u are saying it makes me feel u dont understand basic html yet? most of it is pretty strait forward here is and easy example.

<embed SRC="sweetvid.wmv" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="320" AUTOPLAY="true"></embed>

and this means.

<embed SRC="THE LOCATION OF THE VIDEO" WIDTH="THE WIDTH OF THE VIDEO" HEIGHT="THE HEIGHT OF THE VIDEO" AUTOPLAY="DO I WANT IT TO AUTOMATICALLY PLAY"></embed>

That is as easy as i can put it very simple code for windows media player.

ok i hope this answers alot of your future questions most things such as that will only require u change the location of what ever you want your video to be from all u are saying it makes me feel u dont understand basic html yet?  most of it is pretty strait forward here is and easy example.
<embed SRC="sweetvid.wmv" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="320" AUTOPLAY="true"></embed>

and this means.

<embed SRC="THE LOCATION OF THE VIDEO" WIDTH="THE WIDTH OF THE VIDEO" HEIGHT="THE HEIGHT OF THE VIDEO" AUTOPLAY="DO I WANT IT TO AUTOMATICALLY PLAY"></embed>

That is as easy as i can put it very simple code for windows media player.

dude you are like the best person ever thanks so much for the code dude i got another question. can i have a file from my hard drive when i upload it or do i have to have the <a href= "blah.com"> blahblah </a> to like a link that has a vid i uploaded on like putfile or something? can it just be n my comp? and sorry i am just starting out in html.