PHP/MySQL Newbie question?

Vyse

Hello,I've been looking into learning PHP and MySQL to setup databases. I just can't seem to get a straight answer on how this actually works though.I've downloaded PHPMyAdmin and MySQL 5.0.I guess what I'm confused about is what program does exactly what, so help me if I've got this wrong.MySQL 5.0 sets up tables for the data to be stored in and actually greats the database through the command line client or the MySQL Administrator..PHPMyAdmin is for installing the database onto a server... :) And then I've heard of Cpanel, but from what I can gather it just simplfies using MySQL to setup a database...? :) any help would be great....

MySQL is a database (which store data in different bases and tables).PHPMyAdmin is a program (more or less) which allow you to easily administrate MySQL.I can recommend you WampServer 2 if you have problem to install a server, PHP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and those thing, cause WampServer is a program where all this is already installed, all you need to do is to download and install it.

EDIT: :) MySQL reads from and writes to files on the server's hard disk according to SQL statements sent from PHP (or any other language). phpMyAdmin is a back-end (i.e., only for the administrator's use) PHP application which provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to execute SQL on MySQL. cPanel provides general server administration tools including (I think) phpMyAdmin.

Ok, thanks. I think I understand this a little better now.Just so I can get the picture in my head, Once I make the database with MySQL, how would I put it on my server? Is it simply uploading it correctly?I think I'm going to try to use that WampServer 2, it sounds a lot less complicated.Sorry, As I said, I'm a newbie at this. :) Thanks

Archived