Website layout suggestions...

clonetrooper9494

I have been working on a layout for my site. Tell me what you think about it: http://9494.clone-drone.net/ - (dead link, sorry, but look at my other post for the new layout)You are going to just have to imagine that the menus are full of links and content... :)(and what is up with all of the 13/14 year-olds here? I'm am 13 too!)What can I change to make the layout better?

Hmm, if you really want suggestions, I'd first recommend you not to use frames of any kind, they prevent people from bookmarking sections of your site and they "break the back button" to put it some way.Workarounds involve a server-side language. Javascript can do it to, but I don't recommend it because not all the people navigate with Javascript enabled, and it can be a little slow.About the page in general. I don't know if my browser isn't showing something, but a completely black page with a bit of white text isn't really inviting. The viewer needs shapes, divisions and a structure they're able to see in order to feel comfortable navigating a website.

Hmmm, I get what you saying, I just really hate putting the same php code on every page to display a menu... but I guess I'll try it out. So I though frames would be better, but yeah, when you go back or try and book mark it doesn't work.I'll post the navigation page when its done so you guy can check it out.

Hmmm, I get what you saying, I just really hate putting the same php code on every page to display a menu...
Then put the menu in an include file so you don't need to repeat (nearly as much) code. :)

The only thing I would add is this: you shouldn't really use tables for your layout. While I personally see no problem with it, lots of other people do for some reason. I just use DIV blocks for the layout on all of my sites.Also, as to the link in your signature, I could link you to far worse, but this is a family forum. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Clone.Your site seem to function well, for the menu hmmm, it's a another mile across to click projects from chatrooms.I guess you're testing functionality on your site that's why there isn't anything to see. :)

Archived