Uploading A .txt File To A Public Html Folder

jdeneca

Can a .txt file be uploaded to a Public HTML file or does that file have to be a different format
What do you mean by "uploaded to a html file"? Do you mean YOU putting a .txt file in a web page or do you mean the system accepting a .txt file in a web page or do you mean the user putting one there?

What do you mean by "uploaded to a html file"? Do you mean YOU putting a .txt file in a web page or do you mean the system accepting a .txt file in a web page or do you mean the user putting one there?
I believe it's a folder called "Public_HTML" that some servers have.

Hi,The topic says it very cleary: "Uploading A .txt File To A Public Html Folder". I think our friend wrote it in the wrong way:

Can a .txt file be uploaded to a Public HTML file or does that file have to be a different format
Complements,webflex

Same, one of my hosts has folders like, public html, private html, cgi-bin and stuff like that, all of the webpage goes into the public html. I haven't uploaded any .txt files but I shouldn't see there being any problem, because you can uploaded files like .png, .gif, .jpg and the likes and they are not .html or .htm but they still upload fine.

Archived