Php

user4fun

I have looked and looked and there is noting good that I can find. I need full detail instructions on how to install php and MySQL on my computer so I can design my site before publising it to my domain that I purchased through yahoo domains. I know I can get the webhosting now. But I dont want people to be able to access any pages until it is all done.An idea would be great.Thank you

This is a loud of C***. I have wasted 10 plus hours inteh alst 2 days trying to get either of thes damn things to work. Xamp does not want to start SQl and Wammp keeps asking me for a username and password when I go to 127.0.0.1. I never picked a username or password YET.I even went out and bought PHP for dummies that has 4 damn chapters in installing xammp or appache, mwsql, php, php myadmin individually,. NOTHING.I need HELP PLEASE.

This is a loud of C***. I have wasted 10 plus hours inteh alst 2 days trying to get either of thes damn things to work. Xamp does not want to start SQl and Wammp keeps asking me for a username and password when I go to 127.0.0.1. I never picked a username or password YET.I even went out and bought PHP for dummies that has 4 damn chapters in installing xammp or appache, mwsql, php, php myadmin individually,. NOTHING.I need HELP PLEASE.
If wamp or xampp don't want to start maybe you have skype started witch uses the port for wamp and xampp, shutdown skype and start wamp or xampp, start skype again and skype change port :)

I tried them both. Now I have xampp and i get the MySQL service not srtated error [-1]. I dont have Skype
hi i read on forum many people has probleme with error: mysql service not started [-1] the probleme is with hidden files if you remove or uninstall the latest xampp and retry installing again mysql not start. the probleme is not with firewall just on windows you can't remove all files and when you install the aplication again then crashing down.. you have to install the older xampp 1.5 from here http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ackage_id=89552 and after update to 1.6. sorry for my english Regards gigi
Go to Start -> Run type cmd and press enter This will bring you to the command prompt. Type "sc delete MySql" and hit enter. It will give you some sort of confirmation saying the service has been deleted. This will delete MySql as a service. For some reason, XAMPP for Windows has problems running MySQL as a service, so do not check that box. Also, when you click the "Admin" link from the XAMPP control panel, it attempts to start MySQL as a service as well. Just don't do that. Any settings you need to change for MySQL should be modified by changing the config files directly with your favorite text editor, or you should be able to use PHPMyAdmin. Hope this helps.
Found this on another forum hope this helps

Archived