Help! Please!

jarrett000

Ok, I have a site located at jarrettcode. But recently when users try to go to my site it makes them download the index file. If you choose to open it says it dosent recognize the file extension, although it clearly says in my directory .php. Even when i delete index.php and any file that has the same effect, it still does this and says that my site is a .part file! This problem occurred when i tried doing a modification of the .htaccess file to make my htm and html docs act as pgp docs, and still occurrs although i cahnged the .htaccess back to its default settings. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

You might be using an FTP program that hides .htaccess files. Look through your FTP options and see if there's an option to show or hide those, I've seen that option on some FTP clients. You could also replace it with a blank file. The site is loading for me at this point though.

Maybe its a registry error?Try another browser. If it works, try upgrading IE if you're not using IE7 already. If you are, uninstall it, and install it agian.

I found the problem, I had somehow saved that .htaccess file into my documents along with others that kept it in place for that particular site. After deleting it i found that the site works prefectly. Thanks for the help everyone.

Archived