Mysql Small Problem

Joey46

Ikeep getting this same error and i have copied an pasted the same code from other scripts that work fine i have spent hours trying to work this out someone please help me.Thank you in advance (just in case i forget)This is the 1 line of my script that is falling over$sql = "INSERT into Teachers (Teacher_ID, Name, Password, Email ) values ('$Teacher_ID', '$Name','Password', '$Email')";

What error are you getting? Paste the Error here, please.Echo that variables just before that query to see what is in there. Are you trying to enter a duplicate Teacher_IDor email, maybe?

What error are you getting? Paste the Error here, please.Echo that variables just before that query to see what is in there. Are you trying to enter a duplicate Teacher_IDor email, maybe?
This is the errorParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/.baldric/kwilliams1/public_html/ICAA5139A/PHP/studentadd.php on line 32

The line of code you posted doesn't have any errors, you're probably missing a semicolon or something on the previous line.
Ok i found the semicolon that was missing now i am getting this message Not Working!so below is my code as i can not work out why it is not working$ID =$_POST['ID'];$Name =$_POST['name'];$Password =$_POST['password'];$Email =$_POST['email'];$Address =$_POST['address'];$PhoneNumber =$_POST['phonenumber'];$sql = "INSERT into students (ID, Name, Password, Email, Address, PhoneNumber ) values ('$ID', '$Name', '$Password', '$Email', '$Addres', '$PhoneNumber')"; if(mysql_query($sql, $conn)){ echo "<h4> Student Added! </h4>"; } else { echo "<h4> Not Working! </h4>"; } ?>

Use mysql_error to get the error message from MySQL.echo mysql_error();
This is the message i am getting back You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') values ('.D', '', '', '',)' at line 1

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') values ('.D', '', '', '',)' at line 1If you print out the entire query, I think you'll find some extra commas.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') values ('.D', '', '', '',)' at line 1If you print out the entire query, I think you'll find some extra commas.
Thank you JustSomeGuy thats working fine now

Archived