A Little Understanding On How To Code This Please *css Newbie Alert* :)

Dareus

Ok, I have been reading alot of CSS but I am for some reason stumped on this little part,Basically I am trying to make a CSS sheet (and yes i know this is probably basic as can be)But I am having a problem spacing or placing pictures etc. Basically I can code this with frames but I dont know how in CSSCan you help code the CSS for me? Please and thanks.

</head><frameset rows="150,650" cols="*"><frame src="banner.html" noresize frameborder="NO" scrolling="NO" name="banner"><frameset cols="315,690" rows="*"><frame src="links.html" name="links" frameborder="NO" scrolling="auto" noresize><frame src="home.html" scrolling="auto" frameborder="NO" name="portfolio" noresize></frameset></frameset><noframes><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"></body></noframes></html>

It is from this site, I want to make the same type, but with CSS. So the Left wont Scroll and everything opens in the Main body of the page the same as onhttp://www.art-dept.com/artists/afanador...My pages would be namedbanner.html (top)links.html (left)main.html (body/right of page)Please and thank you. I read the CSS stuff here and other places but I think if I had the code I'd understand it moreI am trying to make that page but with CSS Have a good one.

Your link is malformed.Anyway, what do you mean, "My pages would be named . . ." That makes sense when you're using frames, but not a pure CSS setup.Or did you want to try server-side includes.

If you are looking to lose the frames and place the content on the page as you would with frames but using css then you would either need to lose the multiple pages and use css, or use server-side includes with something like the require or include function in php and then css the items in place using div's

Aah sorry. You're right. I wouldnt name the pages because it is CSS not frames.I will repost the link here..www.art-dept.com/artists/afanador/index.htmlI am trying to just code that in CSSI am a little confused on exactly how to place things in the spots. I was used to HTML and frames. I'm not sure if I have to code it with padding or positioning. I know it will be simple to code and i'd like to see the coding A) yes it helps me and I can use it :) It will help me understand how it places the items.Thanks.

From quickly looking at the site you listed, it looks like a simple header, sidebar, content page with no footer. Not having a repeating background will make it a lot easier on you, since all you have to worry about is giving the background a white color.Both Webguy's and Tykain's posted links are great resources, but I'd suggest looking at Tykain's first. It presents the 'abstractness' of CSS 'code' in a helpful and visual way. What you are looking for, I think, is shown on the 9th tab.Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how silly they may seem. I know all-too-well that it's easy to over -look or -think something.

Archived