Best Php Testing Server

norwichchris

I am currently using this server but i can't send emails using my form which i copied of w3 schools.Do i need to upgrade my account im only using the free version any help would be much appreciated.
Ohh!!! wordspace doesn't support email account for the free plan. For this you have to upgrade your account to any paid plan. So far as I know any free webserver doesn't provide email messaging service. I may be wrong. keep searching.

Download and install either Wamp or Xampp for your local machine. They can be set to use your own mail-server. Xampp includes a mail-server, not sure about Wamp.

Download and install either Wamp or Xampp for your local machine. They can be set to use your own mail-server. Xampp includes a mail-server, not sure about Wamp.
WAMP doesn't, but you can always download one seperately or use your ISP's.

WAMP doesn't, but you can always download one seperately or use your ISP's.
I tried to send a email to myself using a mailform from w3schools and i got this result: Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\mailform.php on line 18Thank you for using our mail form Code below: <?phpif (isset($_REQUEST['email']))//if "email" is filled out, send email { //send email $email = $_REQUEST['email'] ; $subject = $_REQUEST['subject'] ; $message = $_REQUEST['message'] ; mail( "chris@pearce.net", "Subject: $subject", $message, "From: $email" ); echo "Thank you for using our mail form"; }else//if "email" is not filled out, display the form { echo "<form method='post' action='mailform.php'> Email: <input name='email' type='text' /><br /> Subject: <input name='subject' type='text' /><br /> Message:<br /> <textarea name='message' rows='15' cols='40'> </textarea><br /> <input type='submit' /> </form>"; }?>Im a bit confused i looked online for the ini.file but i confess to not understanding wampservers very well. I may retry using AWARDSPACE if all else fails.

There are several problems with trying to send email on a test server. First, you need to make sure you have an email server running. It doesn't look like you do. Second, in order for the email to actually get delivered, your ISP has to allow you to run a mail server. Most ISPs do not allow mail servers to run on their home internet accounts, only the business accounts. If you're testing this from home, your ISP will probably have port 25 blocked and won't allow email to go out directly.If you want to find the ini file, create a page with this in it and open it in a browser:<?phpphpinfo();?>It will list near the top where the ini file is that it's actually using.

Archived