Adjust Browser To The Size Of My Website, When Opened Online

olliviergirard

Uh that is a very bad idea... you should be able to design your website to work at all common resolutions.

Writing code for the web properly is about making your pages adapt to the browsers, and not the other way around. It is annoying for the user if your page is resizing their browser (I happened to come across a page that did that).

Ok, so how can I have a background image, to be able to adapt automatically to any browser without to crop my image or repeat it ... Writing code for the web properly is about making your pages adapt to the browsers, and not the other way around. It is annoying for the user if your page is resizing their browser (I happened to come across a page that did that).

If the background image is really large to begin with, it will take long to load and the users probably won't see it for a short while.Usually, to adapt a background image to different window sizes, I put a background color behind it that will take up the remaining space, and the color would be one that fits well with the image.Another thing you can do it put the whole site within a centered container of fixed dimensions, and have that container with the background image in it. Maybe give the container a thin black border to make it stand out in front of a plain pattern behind it.

Archived