Controlling Checkboxes

JC5

Well, the behavior I'm looking for is this:I have 9 checkboxes. 1 to 8 are this and that. 9 is "all"All of them start out checked.When I uncheck one (any one) I want "all" (checkbox 9) to unchecked.When all are checked I want "all" (checkbox 9) to be checked.Can anyone help me?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"			"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html lang="en"><head><script type="text/javascript">function checkAll(check) {   for (i=0;i<10;i++) {	 if (check) { 		document.forms['thisone'].chbx[i].checked=true;		}	 else {		document.forms['thisone'].chbx[i].checked=false;		}	 }   }</script></head><body><form id="thisone"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"><input type=checkbox name="chbx" onClick="checkAll(false)" checked="checked"></form></body></html>

Give the "all" box an id, for example id="all"When you click on any box that's not the "all" box, loop through all the checkboxes checking if they're checked or not. If any of them are not checked, then uncheck the "all" box.

Archived