Help With Session.use_trans_sid In Php.ini File

skaterdav85

is session.use_trans_sid set to 1 (true) in the php.ini file usually? I looked at my php.ini file on my godaddy account, and all it says is the following ...nothing about session.use_trans_sid though.

register_globals = offallow_url_fopen = offexpose_php = Offmax_input_time = 60variables_order = "EGPCS"extension_dir = ./upload_tmp_dir = /tmpprecision = 12SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.neturl_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="[Zend]zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.sozend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

what if your php.ini file looks like above ^^ (in first post). Is it still turned off by default? Because in my php.ini file on MAMP, its explicitly turned off by default with

session.use_trans_sid = 0

If cookies are disabled, you manually have to carry the session ID through the URL for sessions to work =/.

The php.ini file you see in your hosting space is a file that makes changes to the global php.ini used by the server. Any directives not inside your own php.ini file take the values that are defined in the global php.ini, whatever they are. If you look at this list:http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.list.phpAnything marked as PHP_INI_SYSTEM can only be changed in the global php.ini. Anything marked PHP_INI_ALL or PHP_INI_PERDIR you can set in your own php.ini for your account. If you want to set the session options, then add them to your file.

The php.ini file you see in your hosting space is a file that makes changes to the global php.ini used by the server. Any directives not inside your own php.ini file take the values that are defined in the global php.ini, whatever they are. If you look at this list:http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.list.phpAnything marked as PHP_INI_SYSTEM can only be changed in the global php.ini. Anything marked PHP_INI_ALL or PHP_INI_PERDIR you can set in your own php.ini for your account. If you want to set the session options, then add them to your file.
Is this just for a godaddy account or does it usually work like this (having a global php.ini and your own php.ini) when you host, or work on a local environment with XAMPP, MAMP etc?Is the php.ini file that I am going to edit read line by line or does each line need to end with a semicolon or something? Can I just put

at the end of it and it will work fine?

so if my hosting space didn't have a php.ini file in my directory where i upload all my files, i could create one and place this inside it:

and it would overwrite that one command in the global php.ini file the server is reading?

Archived