I Need help with tables...

beeboop717

ok, i am working on a website, and i want to know how to position a table. i have tried with the standard absolute positioning codes, but they aren't working, can somone tell me the code for positioning a table on a webpage?

please send me a personal message when you reply, thanks!

Absolute positioning should work fine, if you post your code someone can point out where you've gone wrong. The following code is from the w3schools pages:

<style type="text/css">h2.pos_abs{position:absolute;left:100px;top:150px}</style>

But, yours is for a table rather than a h2, so you'd need "table.pos_abs" instead. Then you need to make sure you've set the class for your table:

<table class="pos_abs">

ok, i will try that, but i think i figured somthing else that works just as well.

ok, i will try that, but i think i figured somthing else that works just as well.

You know, when you say you want to be PM'ed when someone replies to this topic, you can't automatically expect any of us to do this. Checking and keeping up with a topic is your responsibility if you want to know if you have an answer, not ours. That said, there are ways that will make it easier for you to check.1. Bookmark the threads you post, so you can easily find them again and check them if you have five minutes to spare a day (shouldn't be difficult unless you're very very busy)2. Click the button that looks like this t_options.gif on the bottom of the page of your topic, and you will get a menu with more options for the topic. Now you can click "Track this topic", and an email will be sent to your registration email when someone replies to this topic, with a link included in the mail to this very topic. You can do that for any topic.With those two simple options available to you, it is wrong to expect us to take responsibility for you getting aware that you have answers. Hope you understand. Thanks. :)

i understand, and i didn't relize i could get emails when i get answers till i posted another message. i am sorry about that, and it won't happen again.