Why Dose It Not Add?

ColdEdge

Hello I have a simple PHP search script which runs by defult searching for requested titles, but it also comes with option of checking off tags and searching tags instead of the title of specific request.I dont want to add all stuff to MySQL Manually. So I made a PHP Search Add script, but when i try to test it i get and error. Can any one tell me whats wrong?

<?php$con = mysql_connect("localhost","******_riot","********");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }$q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM doSearch WHERE stitle = '$title'") or die (mysql_error());if(mysql_num_rows($q) > 0){   echo '<script>alert("The title you entered is already in use, please try again."</script>';   echo '<script>history.back(1);</script>';   exit;}mysql_query("INSERT INTO doSearch (slink, stitle, stags, splot, simg) VALUES ('$link','$title','$tags','$plot','$img')") or die(mysql_error());if(($query){echo'<html>	 <head>	 <title>Sucess</title>	 </head>	 <body>	 	 <p>Information was added to database successfully!</p>	 	 </body>	 </html>	 ';	 	 } else {echo'<html>	 <head>	 <title>Error</title>	 </head>	 <body>	 	 <p>An error occured, please try again. If this error keeps repeating please contact administrator.</p>	 	 </body>	 </html>	 ';}} else {?><html><head><title>Title Administration Module</title></head><body>  <form action="<?= $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>" method="post">	  <table width="100%"  border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">		<tr>		  <td width="50%">Title: </td>		  <td width="50%"><input name="title" type="text"  id="title"></td>		</tr>		<tr>		  <td>Search URL: </td>		  <td><input name="link" type="text"  id="link" value="http://www.animefrost.com/series?vid="></td>		</tr>		<tr>		  <td>Title Tags: </td>		  <td><input name="tags" type="text"  id="tags"></td>		</tr>		<tr>		  <td>Title Plot: </td>		  <td><input name="plot" type="text"  id="plot"></td>		</tr>		<tr>		  <td>Image URL: </td>		  <td><input name="img" type="text"  id="img"></td>		</tr>		<tr>		  <td>Complete Process:</td>		  <td><input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit!"></td>		</tr>	  </table>  </form>  </body>  </html>  <? } mysql_close($l); ?>

-Thanks ColdEdge

Here is the error when i run it.

[05-Jul-2009 09:09:04] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/riot/public_html/sAdd.php on line 20

By the way Inglome can you tell me how to make a wrapper with background? When I try to add background to repeat down it dose not repeat down why is that?Here is the code for the components of the warpper

div#container { width:878px; padding-bottom: 10px;margin:0 auto 0 auto; background:url(images/nav-content_.png);}		  .wrap {height:inherit;}

You forgot a closing parenthesis on this line:

if(($query)

If you're calling an external stylesheet, make sure that the background image URL is relative to the stylesheet and not the HTML document.

Archived