Why Doesn't My Old Code Go Away?

thesoundsmith

My original page, here: Original plays fine, but I want to make each song play individually when I click on the Title below.So I modified it like so: New PageIt works great on two other pages: A Working Page with the new codeBut on this version of the page, here's what I get:This is the code currently uploaded and displayed in "View Source"

<div id="mymov"><div id="placeholder1"><a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Get flash</a> to see this player.</div></div>

BUTThis shows up when I 'Inspect Element' (it is the code from the previous version, long since overwritten)

<div id="mymov"><object id="player1" width="480" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="player1" data="player.swf"></object></div>

At the same time, I have all three windows open - I see there are two sets of code simultaneously - WTF?Any ideas appreciated (I tried cleaning the cache to no avail, used a different computer and different browser, same result.) What is going on?

Is there any Javascript that's modifying the code of the page?
There is a lot of JS for controlling the video stream, but it doesn't modify the code on the page. It works fine on the other two pages I use it on. This DIV came from the old version of the page without the js, but I did EXACTLY the same cut-and-paste here as I did there, and the code magically surfaces under the 'real' html...Also, I tried making some changes to the JS, and it stopped working. When I reloaded the original page (coscores.htm, which works perfectly) and saved it to the test page name, even though it works on the live page (coscores.htm) , the exact same code on the test page still failed (could be a cache issue there, but I thought it may be significant.)

It's fixed, though I don't see the issue still. It appears to be cache-related, but I'm not sure how. Doesn't matter for now, as long as it works and is compliant...

Archived