Help with marquee

playmenow

Hi. I think you all know that MS ('s' is not soft, is a non-polite 's' word :) ) 'invented' <marquee> just to take the web. Well, on my site I use XHTML 1.1 (and even on HTML it's not valid) and I wish to use some marquee text. The reason I opened this topic is because I don't know much JS, so I don't know how to make it work. Erm...keep in mind that the script MUST work as <marquee> on Firefox and must be valuid XHTML 1.1. Erm...no more examples as Dan the Proof posted somewhere in these forums...I learn a lot better from the final code :). If you wish to see where the text will be, go to http://www.playmenow.org and look right at the top (above the heading, where's a blue bar). Thank you very much.

I think you would learn a lot better from studying and writing it yourself.No... I KNOW you would learn better that wayThe general idea with the javascript marquee is to have a div and use the HTML DOM to read and set its style.left attribute in order to move it across the screen. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to figure out the details and get it working with FirefoxIt isn't a new thing...