Abbreviations

tadpole

helloDo you know where i could find a abbreviation reference. example: (dir), could be directionexample: (rel), could be relationshipI did try a word search for abbreviations and the word acronyms in various blended ways and formats.And the search results come back with association to code, abbr and acronym.the are many more words then just (dir) and (rel) and it would be nice to have a reference to the abbreviated and its actual word.thank you.

Hi, how does this question fit in the web building/design which is the main topic of the forum?or maybe you could explain betterthere is this list in wikipedia, but is for any abbreviation, not just webhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acron..._initialisms:_A

You can do this in HTML:I'm from the <abbr title="United Kingdom">UK</abbr>.Then when you hover over the text UK it shows United Kingdom.It's valid in HTML and xHTML too I believe.
He's asking what the abbreviations mean in HTML.<p> stands for "paragraph", <a> stands for "anchor", href stands for "hypertext reference" (If I'm not wrong) and so on.

Thanks for alexnofue to provide us with the page from Wikipedia.Also, thanks for uwspstar to provide us with that page from W3schools.If tadpole needs a site which gives all meanings of all abbr(s), it would be this site.Furthermore, we can use Google's search operator "define:" by typing in the search textarea: define:HTTP , define:SQL ...etc.

Archived