Coding And Browsers...

es131245

We all know that all browsers act differently...My page looks like one single table with some other tables in it...I got FF and Opera on this Ubuntu machine...<table id="main" width="100%" height="100%" cellpading="0">FF is fine with it but Opera doent even work with height="100%"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So i find some difficulties in writing an multi browser "interface framework"...is it the only way to solve this problem the same way as i did with multi language support...$browser_lang=getenv("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"); preg_match("/ru.*?|RU.*?|en.*?/",$browser_lang,$browser_lang_final); if($browser_lang_final[0]=="RU"){$browser_lang_final[0]="ru";} if(!isset($browser_lang_final[0])){$browser_lang_final[0]="en";} switch ($browser_lang_final[0]){ case "ru": include ("./langs/ru.php"); break; case "en": include ("./langs/en.php"); break;default: include ("./langs/en.php"); break;}

Try not using tables - they're not meant for layout, and can behave in weird ways.By the way, 100% height is the height of the viewport.

Well, then why are you complaining about layout problems? :)What can't you do with CSS in this instance?

In addition to the table or whatever container, also make sure the body and html elements are also set to 100% height. A value of 100% just means to use 100% of the parent container's height, so make sure all parents have height 100%.

the main idea was to organize whole page by html (+ css i some cases) so the main page is basicly one whole table that could be easy and helpful to me but ive just found that my height="*" wont help in OPERA!!!!!

Archived