a:hover help

Guest royler

#head a:hover { 	color: white;	border-bottom: 2em solid;}#yo a:hover { 	color: black;	border-bottom: 2em solid;}

complete cssMy Webpagethere is supposed to be a bar that shows up below the link when you hover. everything works fine in firefox, but in safari the ul hover effect on the right is messed up.is there some order of elements i've messed up?also, the bar completely doesnt show up in ie - do css hover effects not work in explorer?

You should be aware that it isn't a hover issue. Try setting the borders and the bottom border doesn't show up in IE for some reason...

a{border: 2px solid yellow;}

I found 2 different things that made the bottom border visible:1) If you remove absolute positioning and float from your css, your bottom border is visible in IE - but your layout is lost.2) If you comment out "padding-bottom: 1em;" for the links then the bottom border shows in IE - but some of the border is cut off...

not speaking of the anchor tag but the hoover propretie can be used for other tags but IE won't understand that. is there another way of making, for example a cell change background color without using the hoover proprety.

not speaking of the anchor tag but the hoover propretie can be used for other tags but IE won't understand that. is there another way of making, for example a cell change background color without using the hoover proprety.

Javascript... onmouseover and onmouseout events

There are actual ways to get IE to understand hover effects in CSS, but it requires a tiny little hack. I think that there is another (recent) topic about it here that shows you exactly. As to the first question, another solution, which youmay not like sbrownii, as I really don't either, is to use an image. The things we have to do for stupid browsers....~Aphotic