Need Help With Simple Problem

Jonathan Harvey

Ok I'm new to php and sql. I'm working out of a book and one of the excersises is to create a database, with a table containing dishes in it, then display all the dishes ordered by price, here is my code:

$database = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "");if(!$database) {	die('sorry but we couldn\'t connect' .mysql_error());}mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE chapter_7");mysql_select_db("chapter_7", $database);mysql_query("CREATE TABLE dishes (dish_id int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, dishname varchar(255), price decimal(4,2), is_spicy int)");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (1,'Walnut Bun',1.00,0)");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (2,'Cashew Nuts and White Mushrooms',4.95,0");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (3,'Dried Mulberries',3.00,0)");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (4,'Eggplant with Chili Sauce',6.50,1) ");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (5,'Red Bean Bun',1.00,0)");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (6,'General Tso\'s Chicken',5.50,1)");mysql_select_db("chapter_7", $database);$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM dishes ORDER BY price");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))  {  echo $row['dishname'];  echo " " . $row['price'];  echo " " . $row['is_spicy'];  echo "<br />";  }mysql_close($database);

And here is the error I'm getting: Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\Learning PHP\mysqlpractice.php on line 44can Anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? thanks ahead of time!

try this:mysql_query("CREATE TABLE dishes (dish_id int NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT, dishname varchar(255), price decimal(4,2), is_spicy int)");mysql_query("INSERT INTO dishes VALUES (2,'Cashew Nuts and White Mushrooms',4.95,0)"); //missing bracket

Edited by dsonesuk