Another Iframe Question.

zusdus

Hi, I'm very new to webdesign and currently making a website for my photographing brother.I made one page wich displays different cathergories of picturesin an Iframe. It all works fine, but I have one problem. If I link to a different cathegorie than the first one from another webpage, is it possible to get the right pictures in? I want to make links to the different cathegories from a introduction page. Can I keep my design like this, or do I have to make a different page for every cathegory?I hope you guys know what I mean. :) Mattie

Do you mean targetting the content of the iframe to display different pictures in the iframe or what?
OKay, I wasn't very clear...I have one page with an iframe, displaying different cathegories of pictures, all targeted from this same page. Works fine!Now I have another page (no iframe) with these same cathegories. Is it possible, when clicking an item on this second page, to open the first page (with iframe) showing the right pictures in the iframe???I hope it is a bit more clear. I am a newcomer to html and don't know any Javascript (yet...) and a woman :):)

if the categories are stored in mysql, mssql databases (requires use of dynamic php or asp pages and server that supports these), xml text file, or JavaScript array. you can identifier each category, with its images within it, by using its specific id ref.then you would supply the ref to page one with category ref.dynamic pageshref="pageone.php?catref=1"href="pageone.aspx?catref=1"the catref could then retrieved dynamically to display relative content from database.xml, javascript array would use a javscript cookie that was created when the link is clicked <a href="pageone.htm" onclick="createcookie(1)"><a href="pageone.htm" onclick="createcookie(2)">JavaScript in pageone would then be used to read the cookie, and display category contents, depending on category ref retrieved from cookie from an array or xml storage text file.

Archived