How About A Workaround/hack For Ie7, Then?

bigsilk

Maybe it's too much to be considering now, but is there a way for me to fix this CSS for this page for IE7? I've seen it in IE8 and it looks fine, but is pretty jacked up in compatibility mode. Someone sent me a screenshot in IE7 and it was pretty messed up there, too.It may not work unless you see the page in IE7 or in comp mode in IE8.Thanks,Adam

it might help if you got rid of all the errors, that are shown when you try to validate. block elements within inline elements, and unclosed tags div, iframe. error in css.header{position:asolute;width:100%;height:81px;background-color:#2e2d2e;}Edit: just a short note to point out iframe won't validate in strict page, use <object> instead<object data="app_choice_tbl.html" width="800" height="180" type="text/html"></object>OR use transitional instead.

Why are you worried about its look in compatibility?
If I'm not mistaken, compatibility mode is an emulation of IE7, yes? Well, my client showed me what my page looked like in IE7 and it was pretty bad. And, as a matter of fact, the screenshot he sent me from his IE7 looked just like my compatibility mode screen. I know, fewer and fewer are using it, but he is, so that's what counts.

Archived