Recommend Wordpress?

ben03

I have been running this site for a while now on html/css: www.jab-ride.co.ukSomeone recently recommended I used wordpress as it would make more sense/ save time etc. I have very little experience of php and wondered how possible it would be (and how difficult) to replicate the homepage in wordpress?And whether just the homepage could be in wordpress and the others stay as they are?Thanks

I have been running this site for a while now on html/css: www.jab-ride.co.ukSomeone recently recommended I used wordpress as it would make more sense/ save time etc. I have very little experience of php and wondered how possible it would be (and how difficult) to replicate the homepage in wordpress?And whether just the homepage could be in wordpress and the others stay as they are?Thanks
Hi Ben03, Not sure how much help this will be to you but...As I understand it "Wordpress" is a blog application, like Google's Blogger, that allows you the use of Templates but I believe there is a paid version that you can customize to your hearts desire. As for the PHP question, my wife uses "Wordpress", granted she uses it as a blog and uses one of their Templates, but she knows no PHP, or HTML for that matter, and she does just fine.Peace,

Wordpress can be "customised" as much as you like. It is entirely open source, however the functions and conventions it uses internally take a little while to get used to.

Archived