Html Books And Depreciated Tags

rainwater

Says who?I use Dreamwaver CS4... but I do use it in code view though. Dreamwaver is a great code editor, if you let it be one. However, it's also a decent WYSIWYG editor, which is where its misuse is.
Ouch, I was going to change that but then I focused on writing other things. I meant to say that a lot of developers don't use it. It's not a requirement to make professional websites, which is the impression some people have.

I would give dreamweaver credit for being a good code editor and the ability to use FTP right within an explorer window is nice. I did however switch over from that to conTEXT and FireFTP a while ago and it hasn't seemed like much of a change at all. I just can't get conTEXT to indent the way I want to though, which is a tad frustrating. :)

Lots of good information in the forum. I now realize I cannot use my current version of DreamWeaver 4, not the CS4, but the old one; so will have to do something else. I will look at the notepad link, and have been looking on tucows at freeware. That is where I found CuteFTP, and it has worked for me for years. I did have to pay a little bit for it as Shareware, and I did have to upgrade it once, but it has been good for eight years. I do not depend on the software to show me how it looks, but do put it into the browser to look at it. Does anyone know where I can get a less expensive, current version of Dreamweaver, or is that something I am not supposed to ask? If so, let me know, and I will edit it out.Dialup has been kicking me off all day, so have not been able to do much today. I live in the woods and need to take a ride to find a connection.

We talked about tables. I just did a view source code on the home page for w3schools, and it is a table page. I thought with CSS, pages were not supposed to be made with tables. Oh I am really confused.I am now on the CSS tutorial, and am more confused than when I was first learning HTML ten years ago.I will wait until I get all the way through before asking a lot of questions that are up in my brain. Do any of you use tables to make your pages?

The W3Schools site is old(-ish). You are not supposed to[1][2] use tables for layout, and neither is it considered good practice[3], but some people find it easier, and can't be bothered doing it the other way.

Archived