Popup without border/title,etc.

thesoundsmith

I have an HTML window that i call to run n audio player. I want the user to be able to: a) play the music locally :) keep this playing even when called from off-site, like from MySpace or Facebook, and c) to display as a simple rectangle with no borders, titlebars, status bar, etc. The box has a js Close function, and I'm fine with a close box in the upper right corner, but the extra toolbars are really in the way.Is this possible? I added the 'resizable=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no' options, also with them -0 instead of 'no' - same result.You can call the radio page from the upper left menu item on my home page.The radio html page is here.The radio.js file is here.I want a box 240 x 96 or so pixels without the clutter. Is it possible? Thanks for any help.

Most browsers no longer allow you to remove various window elements, so if you want a real window open you'll need to live with that. You can use Javascript to pop up an element that looks like a window with your content in it, but it will be tied to the parent page, it won't run in the background.

Most browsers no longer allow you to remove various window elements, so if you want a real window open you'll need to live with that. You can use Javascript to pop up an element that looks like a window with your content in it, but it will be tied to the parent page, it won't run in the background.
That's what I was afraid of, thanks, justsomeguy. I need the radio to be availale ever if the vistor navigates off-site, as long as he keeps that window open. Oh well, so it's not pretty...

Archived