how to size window based on inner dimensions

thesoundsmith

I finally have my DashRadio window doing exactly as I want - in Firefox. The window is sized perfectly, and the irrelevant elements - scrollbars, menubar, toolbars, statusbar - are not displayed (I have this set in my browser.) In IE, the window is much too small, because of the menu bars, scrollbars and status bar display. If I make the window large enough to accommodate these elements, the window is huge in FF (or where they are allowed to be shut off.)Is there a way to use window.resizeTo() in conjunction with some js magic to determine the minimum necessary size for the window? It's currently at 300wx240h, actual outer window size. All the dimensioning statements I am aware of work on the outer dimensions of the window, not the display area. I'm thinking of something like a function that determines what elements of the window are currently being displayed, and recalculating the size based on this info.You can see the code at the DashRadio page or see it in action by going to my home page and clicking DashRadio at the upper left.

Archived